Sometimes it feels like the paw-paw has hit the fan. Crisis management over an endless period of time, has left you tired and confused. Deep down something starts to stir, gradually it breaks through to you that everything that's been going wrong for the last few months can't be just 'bad luck' or 'coincidence'.
You wonder - ''Does God still love me?' You know that He does. (that's the first thing the taught you in Sunday school)
So what's the problem? Can it be the devil? If so, why can he attack me as he whishes?
Stay under the umbrella and you will not get wet
Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy us. (John 10:10). The secret is in a word: C-O-V-E-R-E-D ! ! ! !
If we play around on his territory we get uncoverred.
- Balak and Balaam wanted to uncover Israel.
- Israel need to to stay covered in the desert under the cloud of glory (Jude & Num 22-24)
- David wrote: He who dwells in the shelter (covered place ) of the Most High will rest (abide, remain) in the shadow of the Almighty. (Ps 91:1 ) also see Ps 1
- Abide (Covered) in Jesus helps us life in abundance (a life worth living) (John 10:10)
- Full armour of God covers us - which is elements of Christ ministry towards us. (Eph 6)
Ways we get uncovered
You probably know what made you get un-covered, if you are in relationship with the Holy Spirit, He would have convicted you. Here is a example list
- Not walking in the light (1John1:5-7)
- Unforgiving spirit ( see the teaching on 'Forgiveness')
- Not loving one another
- An untamed tongue (lies and swearing etc.)
- Pride (see the teaching on 'Pride')
- No fear of the Lord
- Taking the name of the Lord in vain
- Making rash promises
- Frivolousness, flippancy and thoughtless talk
- Not heeding or obeying the anointing
- Habitual of willful sins
- Disobedience to the Holy Spirit
- Setting a side God's divine order
- Wrong friendships, 'partnerships' and relationships.
- Going to wrong places' continually (Gay clubs etc.)
- Stinginess 'unwillingness' to tie
- Participating at the communion table in an unworthy manner (not meeting God's standards)
How to restore ourselves
- Take immediate action
- Recognize that you'e uncovered repent of your sins, confess ask forgiveness.
- By faith retake your divine position in Christ ( 2 Cor2:14, Eph 2:6 )
- Put right what's wrong no matter what the cost (restitution)
- Learn the lesson, watch yourself, discipline yourself in what is good
- In your habits, relationship with God in thoughts and action
- Live in/on dependence of God
- WASH yourself with the word of God ~(Gal 5:26)
Daily check list to stay covered
- Ask and pray in the name of Jesus. ( John 14:13-14 )
- Daily take communion in remembrance of His body and blood (with other people or by yourself)
- By faith take His righteous for yourself ( 2 Cor 5:21 )
- Abide in Christ and his words ( John 14-15 )
- Study the word (get help if needed)
- Daily put God's armour on ( Eph 6:10-18 )
- Set Your mind on the Spirit - (not television, computers, worries, or other things) ( Rom 8 )
- Fellowship with believers
- In everything give thanks to God ( Phil4:4-8 )
- If you fall into sin, confess and repent quickly, pleading the blood of Jesus as your forgiveness and protection.
READ Galations 5spiritual-warfare deliverance demonic-attacks spiritual-attack spiritual-warfare gabriel
By: Gabriel Kolbe